SASA Digital Art Competition
Welcome to SASA's first ever Digital Art Competition! A chance for SASA to showcase one of your very own designs on our online Bazaar.
This year's theme:
Friends & Enemies
Our theme Friends & Enemies can be broad or as specific as you, the artist, can make it.
For example, an image that relates to or represents the relationship between two ancient states is applicable, as is an artistic rendition of children playing together with an animal, as is a drawing of an object that would be used by friends e.g. a symposium cup.*
As long as it has ancient inspiration. We’ve created a range of moodboards to get you started.
If you are selected as one of our winners, your design will be permanently showcased on our store with links to your social media and portfolio, you will receive a free piece of merch and stickers with your design on it.
Your artwork will also be featured in SASA campaigns and social media posts to help promote the study of the ancient world, and future SASA Digital Art Competitions. Rest assured that we will credit you in every instance.
All entries will be showcased on an official Art Gallery page on our website.
Winners will be announced at our virtual conference, Opening the Ancient World, on
*Still wondering if your idea is appropriate? The answer is probably yes but drop us a message on any of our socials and we will happily let you know for your peace of mind.
- Must be over the age of 18 to enter
- You may submit artwork you have created at any time
- Any nationality / location is welcome to enter as the submission is digital
- After submission, your work will belong to SASA and can be modified, with your permission, for use on the Bazaar (adding the SASA logo).
- Amount of winners will be subject to the quantity and quality of submissions.
- Accepted print file format: PNG, JPEG
- Size: Minimum 1200 x 1200 Pixels, needs to be able to scale to fit 1800 x 2400 Pixels, mug design is 1050 x 2700 Pixels for wraparound with logo.
- Print file resolution: 300 dpi
- Colour Profile: The final version of your print should be saved in the sRGB colour profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
You can set the colour profile in the image editing software you´re using.
What do you classify as Ancient?
Anything from the dawn of humanity to
Can I use words or symbols?
We ask that you do not include words and avoid the use of symbols with any attachments to hateful movements (size issue also).
What will my artwork be used for?
Your art will be used on the SASA Bazaar to create exclusive merchandise for SASA, e.g. mugs, T-shirts, stickers, bags etc.
A few examples:
For more examples, see the SASA Bazaar
Disclaimer: The artwork you submit will - if you win - be the property of SASA and can be modified for use on the bazaar.